• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Named Destinations not Working in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have book files that contain several chapters and a glossary. We created numerous named destinations (specify named destination/jump to named destination) throughout the FM files. If we check the links in the FM files, they work fine (i.e. the linked word jumps to the correct spot). However once we PDF, it loses some (not all) of those links. Anyone have any suggestions for figuring out why or fixing the issue? To PDF, we print a PS file then distill it. We are using FM 10. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for which words work and which words don't. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I tried several PDFs using the TTF-WG version Palatino-Linotype and I didn't see any font issues.

Do you have the maker.ini setting for DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics set to ON ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send the screen shots and the info on Monday if that is ok. I have left work for the weekend. I really do appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis - the DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics setting should appear in the maker.ini file, right? I just looked, and that setting doesn't appear in the file at all (i.e. it isn't set to on or off). Can I add it in?? I'm going to work on the screen shots shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm curious how you are generating your pdf (if no one has already asked this question.) I had a similar issue with links not going to the destinations; I discovered my problem was with how I was generating the pdf. I had been doing a "Save as PDF." This was not only causing a problem with destinations, it was also causing an issue with hot spot text and a javascript code I would enter to get my hotspots to hightlight in a manual. I discovered this problem was solved when I would print to pdf rather than do a "Save as PDF."  I know this is a very old post that I am responding to...but putting this solution out there anyway for anyone working in a newer version of Adobe Acrobat & FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Generally please create a new thread for new questions.

The default Save as PDF uses PDF own engine. It ignores text frames with the PostScript option activated. Possibly also JavaScript.

You can change this in the Publish pod. Select PDF as output, click the icon next to the settings file and select Edit. FrameMaker opens the Publish settings. Activate the option Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF generation.

When you now save as PDF, FrameMaker uses the Distiller. This might work better with your demands.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines