Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Entry into a TOC

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community

I've generated a standalone TOC from a book file, but, one of the files (an index) isn't showing. I realize that I need to include the Index Paragraph tag when creating the TOC (it wasn't there before), but I don't want to recreate the entire TOC (it requires a lot of manual formatting). Is there a way I can revise/update the Book TOC with the new Index entry withough re-creating a brand new standalone TOC?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Just right-click on the TOC component in the book, choose > Set up TOC (or something like that), and add the new paragraph format to the Include list. You will not have to reformat the entire TOC, just the new paragraph that you have added to the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the trick for that goes something like this - back up your existing booknameTOC, remove it from the book, generate a new TOC (now it just looks unformatted), then add back your formatted booknameTOC file. Update the book. As long as the filename matches what it was called before, FM is fooled into thinking it's the right TOC and it should look right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that method too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just right-click on the TOC component in the book, choose > Set up TOC (or something like that), and add the new paragraph format to the Include list. You will not have to reformat the entire TOC, just the new paragraph that you have added to the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right...I completely forgot about that. I had done that before and couldn't remember. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I thought you had already done the adding of the paragraph tag part. Nevermind....😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines