Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No change of border color upon insertion of a figure

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using FrameMaker Version 16.0.1.817 and would like to set the border color upon insertion of a figure. In the past, FrameMaker version I had this was not a problem at all, but with the new version it stopped working.

Here is what I did: 

- Insertion of a jpg image (or png image) with File > Import > File > 150 dpi

- Choose object properties and changed the border colour to green as shown in the attached screenshot

- Click Apply.

But unfortunately nothing changes. Does somebody have an idea, why this is not working anymore (or can share a workaround)?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verena5CC0:

You have the image selected. Select the frame containing the image and try again. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, 

thank you for your quick reply. 

When I select the frame containing the picture and change the colour, the apply button is not available (i.e., greyed out)(see attached file).

So this is unfortuntely not working for me. Do you have any idea, why changing the border color does not work for me and my FrameMaker version?

Thank you for your help! 

Verena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Verena,

You want to create an object style and apply this.

Therefore open the Object Style Designer in the Graphics menu and create such a style.

Then you can apply this in the Object Properties panel.

The Apply button in the Object Properties panel is grey, because you had selected the anchored frame. The Object Properties panel is for the image.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried, 

maybe I was not perfectly clear in the description of my problem. I do not want to change the color of the frame around the image. I would like the image itself to have a colored border. Usually, I would assume that I could set it in the Object properties of the image. Am I wrong?

Best, 

Verena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Verena5CC0:

It works the same way in 2019 (v 15). That's as far back as I can test. Do you have an old file where this is working as you described? If so, would you like to send me a page or two that shows it? I'd be happy to take a look. 

Put it on dropbox and post a link here (public) or message me privately. 

~Barb 

Edit: I just looked at your screen shot. The Object Properties box is context sensitive. The one you have open is for the image but you now have the anchored frame selected. That's why Apply is grayed out.

Select the frame and reopen it. It will now look like the image below, which is entirely different. It varies with each selected object.

I don't want to confuse you with the screen shot with what appears to be a border below. I actually added a fill to the frame (entire frame is red) but the image on top falls short of the frame edges, which is why it looks like a border. 

frame.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb, 

thank you for your reply and your help with that issue. But I do NOT want to color fill the frame around the image. Instead I would like to have the border of the image colored with 0.5 pt, which will look like a frame in the end. As far as I know this is controlled with the object properties pod (at least it worked like this in previous versions of the software)?

Thank you a lot for your help and advice.

Best, 

Verena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines