• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Hyperlink for the First Topic in the TOC

Participant ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document where the first topic in the TOC does not have a hyperlink. All of the other Heading1First topic listings have hyperlinks in FrameMaker, but the first topic doesn't. Ideas?

defaultcbj1p6qywajq_0-1653413440696.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

To elaborate on Rick's answer: if a hypertext marker is in a paragraph without any character styles assigned, the entire paragraph is clickable. But if there is a character style within that paragraph, that's going to change which part of the paragraph can be clicked. Select the heading, assign Default ¶ Font in the Character catalog and update the book.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any character property changes in the first heading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.  There was a character property there.  I highlighted the TOC entry and changed to Default Para Font and updated the book, but it did not get rid of the property.  Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any chance the heading contains a variable which has a Character Format in its definition?

Anyway, another way to avoid the problem is to make sure that the Character Format in question is not present in the Character Catalog for the TOC file.

If the whole thing is due to a legacy code-page overly workaround for a needed glyph, see if you can use Unicode, and delete the Character Format everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate on Rick's answer: if a hypertext marker is in a paragraph without any character styles assigned, the entire paragraph is clickable. But if there is a character style within that paragraph, that's going to change which part of the paragraph can be clicked. Select the heading, assign Default ¶ Font in the Character catalog and update the book.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb.  There was a character property in the TOC for that entry.  I had already done what you said before I read your comment.  I went to the entry, highlighted the TOC entry, and click on Default Paragraph Font and updated, but the character property didn't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean "Rick's lazy answer" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naaaa. I mean that the solution I thought would work, didn't, which just happened to be Barb's answer, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me the TOC? rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have give myself a C- on this one.  Silly me.  I changed the Default Para Font on the TOC and not the document section. DUH!  Everything is fine. Chalk it up to experience.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally choked on my tea as I read this. 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have any tea, or I would have.  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my last comment to Rick. Never thought I was that braindead.  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines