• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order of files in a DITA map changes when you click on a topic in the map (FM window not maximized)

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

One of my colleagues reported an issue to me which I have been able to reproduce in both FrameMaker  2019  (Update 8, build 979) and FrameMaker 2020 (Updated 2, build 853).

Setup:   FrameMaker window is not maximized, in my case, the FrameMaker window takes up about half of the screen. Open a DITA map and a DITA topic (DITA map is docked to the left side of the FrameMaker window).

Click anywhere in the DITA topic window, then click on a topic in the DITA map.

Result: The topic you clicked on in the DITA map "jumps" down one or two topics below its initial location.

Has anyone else seen this issue? 

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

After working with TCS Support (thank you Deep!), the following steps fixed the issue:

Please try resetting preferences of Framemaker once and then check the issue.

1. Close Framemaker(if already open)
  2. Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker
  3. Rename folder 16 to 16_old
  4. Relaunch Frameker, it will create a new 16 folder “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker”
  5. Now place your current workspace file in it and then check the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do not use DITA and therefore cannot confirm this.

However, when you encounter such bugs, you can report them in the Adobe Tracker:

https://tracker.adobe.com/

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to reproduce this with a large ditamap some hundred topics, some of them deeply nested, but was not able to. There is some "jumping" in the UI due to changing menus depending on if you are in the topic or the map, but the position of the topics in the map do not change.

I tried several combinations (zoom levels in the map, display file names vs. nav titles, collapsed vs expanded children, etc., but nothing brought this behaviour for me.

Is there anything specific when it happens, or just all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

The only thing I can see is that I can reproduce this issue when the FrameMaker window is not maximized. I have tried a few DITA maps and the default Structure directory (as well as our customized one). The only other thing I can think of is perhaps our DITA maps have a specific issue, but I'm not sure what that can be. 

I will be reviewing this with a Tech. Comm Support team member, so hopefully will know more later today.

Hi Winfried,

Yes, I will log the issue once I'm sure it's a FrameMaker bug and not something specific to my DITA maps. Thanks for the link.

Thanks.

Susanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After working with TCS Support (thank you Deep!), the following steps fixed the issue:

Please try resetting preferences of Framemaker once and then check the issue.

1. Close Framemaker(if already open)
  2. Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker
  3. Rename folder 16 to 16_old
  4. Relaunch Frameker, it will create a new 16 folder “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker”
  5. Now place your current workspace file in it and then check the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines