• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orphan Images

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several fm files with orhan images. To correct this, I am using Paragraph Designer > Pagination > Next Paragraph. I am doing this manually for every image (hundreds). It there a way to automate this task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Why aren't the frames then anchored directly to the para above, with the frame properties set to Below Current Line?

If the anchoring para must for some reason be a separate para, the trick then is to make a specific para format (such "FrameAnchor"), and then you can bulk assign a keep-with-prior pagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

I put the anchored frame in a paragraph that is specifically and only for graphics. Then I set pagination to keep with paragraph above.

Assuming you have this set up but are not using a special tag for the anchor, create one (I call it anchor), then do a search for Anchored Frames, apply the new paragraph tag, then copy special paragraph format and do a find/change all.

If the anchored frame is NOT in a separate paragraph, you can still do something similar by finding Anchored Frame, then mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what orphan images means?
Are these images on the page, rather than in Anchored Frames?
If in AF, are they ending up as Orphaned paragraphs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By orphan images, I am refering to images that land at the top of a page with no text above them. The paragraph before all of my images must be kept with the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An AF that is anchored to the captioning paragraph normally drags that para (or part of it) to the next page if the AF doesn't fit.

It sounds like the images are in AFs anchored to isolated empty paras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the images are (and must remain in) anchored frames but need to be kept with the paragraph above them. I am able to accomplish this using "Keep With Next Paragraph" in the Paragraph Designer > Pagination menu. I'm looking for a script, keyboard shortcut, or someting that might make applying this to every image in a document a bit easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't the frames then anchored directly to the para above, with the frame properties set to Below Current Line?

If the anchoring para must for some reason be a separate para, the trick then is to make a specific para format (such "FrameAnchor"), and then you can bulk assign a keep-with-prior pagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the anchored frame in a paragraph that is specifically and only for graphics. Then I set pagination to keep with paragraph above.

Assuming you have this set up but are not using a special tag for the anchor, create one (I call it anchor), then do a search for Anchored Frames, apply the new paragraph tag, then copy special paragraph format and do a find/change all.

If the anchored frame is NOT in a separate paragraph, you can still do something similar by finding Anchored Frame, then moving the anchor to an empty paragraph tagged with the new anchor tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you LinSims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm intrigued by the requirement, because it's the exact opposite of what I have to do :-} I use the same mechanism as Lin Sims suggested, but have a range of figure styles (depending on the width of the image) set to keep with next and then a caption style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put my images in anchored frames into tables with a single cell.

The table is anchored in a separate paragraph (anchor).

This way I have more control over the position of the image and the table title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines