Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page number header/footer styles not being saved after printing to PDF

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Frame 2015, FYI.

I have set up my file to have page number headers that alternate left and right at the top of the page, with the first page in the section having a page number centered and in the footer.

When I print my file to PDF, several of the page number styles change, to where a normal page (not first page in section) has the number in the footer, and the first page has the number in the header. So basically, for some reason the PDF is outputting the wrong styles. Also, after I print to PDF, the actual Framemaker file contains the wrong page number styles, as well.

I totally realize this may be a tough-to-follow post, but any clarity on this and hopefully a fix is appreciated!

-Andy

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Apply Master Pages function to control this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally used Apply Master Pages. But after printing to PDF, have to use Master Page Usage, then the "Custom" dropdown to apply the correct styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of MP mapping instability is not common. It can arise from conflicts in the Ref Page mapping table, shifts in visible page content due to Condition Codes, perhaps from content making subtle shifts due to the printer presently configured and other issues.

Are you doing a Print Setup before opening the document, or just before Print to PDF?

Is this a single document or a book?

I presume double-sided. How many Master Pages defined?

Personally, I'd focus on getting AMP to work as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe check the print driver.

Is your print driver when working in Frame always PDF (something), or another default system printer, which could make things change when you come to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines