• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to number my pages in a single document , i want the page numbering to start on page 4, using the master page page# code do i use to start the numbering on page 4 after my toc, i make my toc in a different program.

Thanks

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming I understand you correctly, click:

1. Format > Document > Numbering > Page
  2. Type 4 in the First Page # field
  3. Click Set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have never explored the numbering properties, i was applying numbering in acrobat dc when the whole document was constructed. also i add alot of cad images to the last seciton of the manuals. i want to explore adding all page numbers except those in one document. i want to do as little pdf combining and editing in acrobat dc. thanks for the information, ill watch some tutorials on numbering to make sure i get it set right 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @beau5CC8:

Just as a heads up, in publishing the norm is to use lowercase roman (i, ii, iii) for the front matter and then start over with arabic numerals (1, 2, 3) in the body of the book. 

For example, the title page, copyright page, TOC and preface/forward/dedication are normally lowercase roman, and chapter 1 begins with 1 and then numbers continuously until the end. 

See step 4 on this post: https://www.formaxprinting.com/blog/2018/05/book-printing-five-tips-for-adding-page-numbers-to-your-....

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines