• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pagination... why is it always pagination?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, I have a chapter file called TOC2. It's the inside cover of the book (TOC1 is the front cover)

At the book level, the pagination setup is "Next Available" and "Delete Empty Pages".

That should be the setting for TOC2, but FrameMaker keeps adding a page to it. What should be one page becomes two. If I check the chapter files Pagination, i get the following:

"Left" and "Right" are the only two options for Double Sided - 1st Page Side. Left is appropriate, since it's the inside cover. All of the content fits on one page, but FM insists on adding a page when I run Update Book.

Anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

For anyone interested, this turned out to be an incorrect Master Page Usage setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a related note, I am finding that the page numbering in the footer is sometimes backwards. It should always be at the outside bottom corner, but sometimes it's on the inside. It's always the first page of a chapter that's wrong, never the subsequent pages. Pagination settings as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the file that's after TOC2 has something going on with it.  Check the pagination settings for the next file and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next chapter seems fine. I did manage to get the TOC2 fixed; all it took was Delete Page. Not sure why the position of the page number on the first page of a chapter is messed up, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the positioning of the page numbers has something to do with the master pages, but I don't know what is wrong. Here's what they look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone interested, this turned out to be an incorrect Master Page Usage setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines