• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF files are secured and not printable when using "Save as PDF" in FM 2017

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOOOH! I think I clicked something accidentally within the last week and don't know how to change it back.

When I use the "Save as PDF" function, the resulting files won't allow me to print. The top of the window displays the following: "filename.pdf (SECURED)". I don't see anything in the PDF Setup window regarding this.

The Help file wasn't helpful this time around. Anyone know where this setting is?

FM2017 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Look in the Properties of the Adobe PDF "printer" installed on your workstation - on the Adobe PDF Settings tab there's an Adobe PDF Security dropdown field. Change it back to "None".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the joboptions you've set for PDF creation that control that - if you have the full version of Acrobat you can edit the joboptions file directly; if you only have the "headless" version that ships with FM, I think you need to go into the Print to PDF settings to mess about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as PDF worked fine a week ago, though. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in the Properties of the Adobe PDF "printer" installed on your workstation - on the Adobe PDF Settings tab there's an Adobe PDF Security dropdown field. Change it back to "None".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out just now--

Last week I printed a PDF from Illustrator.
From the PDF printer properties I had set the PDF Security Setting to "Reconfirm Security for each job".

Then I clicked the Edit button next to it.

On the Adobe PDF - Security window that pops up, the "Restrict editing and printing. . ." option was still checked. I unchecked it and FM's "Save as PDF" works now.

Didn't know before that "Save as PDF" was a printer function. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines