• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*.png File Importing with Incorrect Resolution

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running FrameMaker 2020 version 16.0.3.979.

I have a *.png file that I created from Visio, and saved at 96 dpi.

When I import it into Frame, and set the resolution to 96 dpi, the graphic is imported with the incorrect resolution and is around 1 in. square in size. According to the object properties, the graphic is 835 dpi. Only the frame is 96 dpi.

What can I do to get the correct resolution and graphic size? Also, this is a recent problem. I don't recall having the problem before. Maybe I need a different way to reference graphics in the Frame file?

Thanks!

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image isn't sensitive, or you can create a mock-up that demonstrates the same artifact, you could upload/attach it to the forum, and let folks to take a look at it.

1x1in images, often just a gray box, are a not-uncommon artifact of an FM import filter difficulty. They can, for example, result from using an image file format feature that FM's import filter can't handle, such as Indexed Color JPEG and JPEG2000 (unless those have been fixed since I enountered them a decade ago). PNG appears to have a lot of Options, not all of which may be handled elegantly by FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Questions:

When you exported from Vision, what settings did you use for the Resolution and Screen settings?

Also, any reason you are not using PDF?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines