• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish pod output directory choice

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but the Publish pod's insistence on creating a subdirectory of the selected directory in the Output Folder field is a PITA.

I want my output file to be saved to where I said to put it, not in someone else's idea of an appropriate storage location.

I would also like the option to set preferences in FM so that the Output Folder defaults to the directory holding the document being printed, not into an unwanted subdirectory in whatever the prior selection was.

And yes, I've just put in a Feature Request for this, because this is pants.

Yes, it's been a day and this idiocy is just adding to it. I'd rather use the Publish pod, it's faster. But I'm using File > Save as PDF because at least I know where the PDF file is going to be saved and have the opportunity to move it if I need to.

TOPICS
Feature request , Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree and will upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I recall correctly, I had requested this already, but 'did not make it' ... of course have voted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines