• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing with Frame 2020 to html, output png images have different coloring than original

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a lot of images of software UI in my documents. They are typically from MS Paint, saved as png files and imported by reference into Frame. The output png files generated when the html files are created do not have the same coloring as the source image files. I have not seen any errors in logs. I have tried generating rhtml5 output (which is what I need) and basic html and the results are the same. The images come out perfect in the PDF. I've attached two example images, one with correct coloring and one with incorrect coloring.

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi,

Do you have the latest FrameMaker update? Adobe improved some colour issues in the conversion to HTML5.

Check in Help | About.

The latest version of FM 2020 is 16.0.3.979.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What HTML workflow? Save-as-HTML or Publish, and to basic or HTML5?

Are the rendered .png files identical to the imports?
If not, obviously some processing is {likely needlessly} happening.

What's the color model for the source files? (24-bit contone or indexed?)

If they were indexed color to start with, and are being resampled, egregious yuck can result.

The inverse suspect might be that the colorspace is being collapsed to indexed.

Another would be color management (gamma, color profile, transfer function, e.g. sRGB) being applied or lost.

We can probably rule out color model conversions (RGB-CMYK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding to my post, Bob. It turns out to be an issue that was resolved in the latest version of Frame. All is well now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have the latest FrameMaker update? Adobe improved some colour issues in the conversion to HTML5.

Check in Help | About.

The latest version of FM 2020 is 16.0.3.979.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Winfried,

I did not have the latest. After updating, the images have identical coloring to the originals! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines