• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

quirky search hits

Advisor ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday: tidied up text pasted in from a web site, which arrived with its own curly quotes, by adding some out-of-the-box FM italics just as a local override. (in my defence, I'll say the file was for one-time use)

today: finishing the activity, I noticed that out-of-the-box save as xml had absent-mindedly (or high-mindedly, even) discarded these local italics. Not a problem, I thought; I'll use Find > Character format. The first few hits were correct … but as I continued through the document I noticed that the search was hitting every curly quote. And what do you know: the character designer says they're italicised.

question: how do I run a find/replace on the combination of character and formatting, to replace all italicised curly quotes with roman?

question: say I patiently go through and apply a proper style to all the words that need to be italicised – how do I remove all mere local overrides and leave this 'official' formatting intact?

Still stuck on FM12, if that makes any difference …

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?