Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The filter encountered an error and could not complete the translation"

Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the joys of a new computer.

We (currently) use Box as cloud storage. All my FM files are in Box folders. All my illustrations are in Box folders. I used Box Drive on the old computer and am using it on the new computer.

Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, Build 19042.804

Dell Latitude 5510

Processor: i7-10610U

RAM: 32 Gb

FrameMaker 2020, 16.0.1.817

My pinned files aren't working, even though the path is showing as correct. Even if I close and try to reopen the file from the Recents or Pinned files on the Welcome screen, FrameMaker says it can't be found and I should make sure the file exists. 

It's doing the same thing with my imported by reference graphics. According to the Object Properties, the file path is correct, but Frame says it can't find the file. When try to use Object Properties to fix it, I get the message in the subject line.

I'm going to try our tech support team, but they haven't seemed to be all that familiar with Frame and Box in the past, so I'm doubling my chances of a solution by posting here.

I cannot be having to reimport files every time I want to work with a document.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now everything's working correctly. Did I have to prime the pump or is it just new computer syndrome? 

This has been a long week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines