Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re. Adobe Framemaker

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We have purchased an older version of framemaker in our organization. Due to a machine issue I had to start from scratch and I installed Framemaker 2015. But I dont have the serial number currently. Is it possible to look up for my serial number through my organization account? (TIBCO)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

I was just able to get the serial number from my IT department. Since this is an older version, and was purchased by a different person.. I was having trouble tracking it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered that serial with Adobe, you will be able to look that up. I still can look up my company's CS5 serial numbers. You will find the serials here: https://account.adobe.com/products

But as a matter of precaution, I have a text file containing all serial numbers of all products that we bought during my 30year+ career.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see it in that site. But I have been using it for the past 4 years..Is there any other place to look for it? Any help/pointer much appreciated.. And since its an old version, my organization does not have any serial number for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This product was bought by my organization much before I joined and because of how old the product is, they dont have the serial number for this..

But even if I click the "Buy" option, I cant see Framemaker in the Adobe suite of desktop products... 

Thanks for any guidance in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the licensing, you might be able to see the serial number in the licensing portal - https://licensing.adobe.com/ - if that doesn't work, then I suggest you ping the FM folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have emailed them. Hoping for a helpful answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @meeran13365923:

Assuming you have access to the Adobe ID that was used to purchase Fm 15, you can go to Adobe.com, sign in and click your avatar (top right) > View Account. Frome there click on Plans and Payments > Products. I have all of my serial numbers listed for both FrameMaker and Creative Cloud apps dating back to 2007 on the Products page.

As for this question:

But even if I click the "Buy" option, I cant see Framemaker in the Adobe suite of desktop products...

FrameMaker is part of the Tech Comm Suite and I'm guessing you are looking at the Creative Cloud suite. Here is the link to purchase FrameMaker, in case you decide to go that route. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/buying-guide.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to track the serial number for Framemaker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @meeran13365923:

Would you mind taking a moment to tell us how you did it? It will help someone else with the same question down the road. 

TIA,

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just able to get the serial number from my IT department. Since this is an older version, and was purchased by a different person.. I was having trouble tracking it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines