• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Adobe profile changes places FrameMaker subscription in a personal profile

Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent profile change, implemented as part of the New Admin Console, put my FrameMaker subscription in a personal profile, but my Creative Suite subscription in a business profile. To use either profile you have to log in to that profile. Apart from how awkward this is, saving a PDF from FrameMaker will not now work, as the Acrobat Pro subscription is in the business profile.

It would seem that Adobe have decided that an individual subscription to FrameMaker is for personal use.

I have used the Chat app available at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html however the first person, after I got through the BOT, was suggesting I cancel the subscription in the personal profile and add it in the business profile. Now the FrameMaker person is suggesting I have the CS subscription moved to the personal profile.

The two subscriptions have been working together for several years now. Is it too much to expect that Adobe, given the profile change was made by Adobe, fix this?

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

To complete this sorry saga!

To resolve this I had to sign up for a CC subscription in my personal profile. The only help Adobe provided was to terminate the CC subscription in my business profile. An added benefit is the personal CC subscription is $AUD40 less a month. With the personal CC subscription I do not have access to support and cloud storage, one of which was not much use, in any case, and the other I did not use or need.

😡

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother with the chat - use the e-mail link here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I also sent an email to TCS copying @StefanGentz. I am trying all avenuse to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem cropped up on my computer about 2 weeks ago. FM and Acrobat Pro were in a personal Adobe account and Creative Suite was in a corporate account (but assigned to me). I ended up having IT purchase another copy of Creative Suite for my personal account (so all 3 were in the same account), but that alone didn't fix the problem--even when I was signed into my personal account and had then reinstalled the programs, it was still telling me I had to buy a subscription for 2 of them. After many chats I let the Adobe guy access my computer remotely and he took care of the issue by going to the 'HELP'-->Sign Out menu in each of the programs then signing me back in using my personal account instead of the corporate account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My problem is, the Adobe change means, that when I sign in, I have to choose one of the profiles. Adobe does not allow you to be signed in with two different accounts, or now different profiles with the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was my situation too--and it started suddenly about 2 weeks ago. Before that, everything was working fine--I had access to all of the software regardless of which profile it was under. But after that, when I signed in with my 'corporate' profile, I had access to only some of the software, and when I signed in with my personal profile I had access to the remaining software, but then I would lose access to the corporate profile software (FYI, both profiles use the SAME email address and password). When I chatted with the Adobe folks, it sounded like they were willing to move all the software to one of the two profiles. That might be the way to go. (But then don't forget to open each software and 'Signout' and then sign-in again under the correct profile. (And if you open the program and it tells you that you need to start a trial subscription, do that first--that will then enable you to access the 'Help--> Signout menu.)) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the resolution, to allow me to continue using both Creative Suite and FrameMaker together, was to assign the CS subscription to another Adobe ID, logon to this Adobe ID using the Personal profile, and then subscribe to FrameMaker, again! Phew.

While CS took some time to allow me to logon with the other Adobe ID, and FrameMaker was also hesitant, I got there in the end. TCS Support will cancel the existing FrameMaker subscription, hopefully assist with a refund of the monthly payment for the existing sub, as it is due today, if I end up paying twice, and allow me to cancel the new subscription on the same date the existing sub was due to expire.

I am still disapppointed that I had to go to all of this effort, when both subscriptions were working perfectly before this profile/admin console change. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now there is a wrinkle where the Creative Cloud applications, for example Acrobat Pro DC, are showing a warning about a billing issue. If I log on using the Adobe ID the CC licence is assigned too, and choose the business profile, I do not see a warning. Of course with this profile I cannot use FrameMaker.

I have raised a case but there seems little recognition that the problem is at the Adobe end, for example why cannot both subscriptions be in the same profile?

The CC subscription is auto-renewed on the 29th so it will be interesting to see what happens to the billing issue then!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To complete this sorry saga!

To resolve this I had to sign up for a CC subscription in my personal profile. The only help Adobe provided was to terminate the CC subscription in my business profile. An added benefit is the personal CC subscription is $AUD40 less a month. With the personal CC subscription I do not have access to support and cloud storage, one of which was not much use, in any case, and the other I did not use or need.

😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am right there with you. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Julie5FDC - contact the FM folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker - to get this straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines