• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing ALL revision bars

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be an obvious question, but I can't find a way to do it........

When we make changes to a document we use change bars to show where the changes have been made. Of course on the next revision, these have to be removed to add new ones for the new revision.

When I select all and click off Change Bar in the Character Designer, it removes all but the ones in the tables. I have looked around, but can't find anything that removes them all. Also, sometimes even selecting the table cells, it doesn't remove them until I have hunted around in the table to see where the bar is. This is quite a process for some manuals.

Can I remove ALL change bars in a document?

Thanks,

ls

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Select Format > Document > Change Bars. In the dialog, check Clear All Change Bars (No Undo), and click Set.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Format > Document > Change Bars. In the dialog, check Clear All Change Bars (No Undo), and click Set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yall sooooo much!!! I knew there had to be a better way!!!!

ls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this, the change bar goes away. I save and close the document. When opening the document again, the change bars are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is your document structured or unstructured?

I do not have any experience with structured documents, but it could be that the formatting of the document is applied again.

When the change bars are part of the paragraph formatting, then you could remove them with Format > Document > Change Bars, but when the paragraph formats are applied again (via your EDD), then they will be back.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It apparently is part of the formatting of the document from which I am importing. The content wasn't huge, so I recreated it.

Thanks again!

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines