• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing TOC and navigation from HTML5 output

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to output FM files using Responsive HTML5, but without the header bar or TOC/navigation. Essentially, I want what I get with Basic HTML output in terms of the index and separate (not linked) HTML files, but still keep the Responsive HTML5. Is that possible?

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you using? IIRC there was a newer HTML output format created recently (last few years) that was sort of like the old Basic HTML export but using HTML5, but I forget what it was called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FM2022. It looks like my options are Responsive HTML5, Basic HTML, or Microsoft HTML Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, maybe the "Basic HTML" one was what I was thinking of - that would have replaced the old Save As HTML one.

The whole idea of the Basic one was to produce HTML output that could be consumed by some other system - no JavaScript coding added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right click on TOC file in the left-hand Frame navigation and select "Exclude," when you generate the HTML5 content your HTML output's left hand navigation will substitute the file names of the files in the book for the TOC navigation links. It doesn't eliminate the navigation pane, but it does remove the TOC element. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines