• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML Help using FrameMaker. Some queries

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have TSC 2015. I am trying to setup Responsive HTML Help using FrameMaker. I have the following questions.

1. In the ToC pane, how can I make the headings be nested. We have level 1, 2, 3. Heading 3 is displayed at the same level as Heading 2.

2. The topic headings of the Chapters use the file names. i.e. in the ToC page I see a file name, and not the Heading 1. How can we set this.

3.  Is it possible to set graphics as thumbnails.

4.  Also, the titles appear in a blue bar. How can I change this?

5. We don't use all the files in the help file, therefore I have made a separate book file for the help. Is that the way to go?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a. To create TOC navigation levels in Book TOC

We determine TOC level by setting the Para Tag property:

- First Indent,

- Font Size,

- Font weight

i.e. If you wish to have Heading3 appear inside Heading2 - keep any of the above property of the Heading2TOC > than Heading3TOC  respectively.

b. To create TOC navigation levels in Dita

For DITA map content, it is currently controlled through 'ParaTags' setting in 'BookWithFM-TOC' section of "ditafm-output.ini". Currently it is up to 2 levels with  title.0 (chapter title) and title.1(section title) are included in the TOC.

Example to change it up to  4 levels

[BookWithFM-TOC]

Template=TOCTpl.fm

ElementTags=

ParaTags=title.0|title.1|title.2|title.3|title-index

​

​This could be done using the TOC. Please have a look at demo book kept at FM install folder (Help >> Samples): C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015\Samples\UserGuide

​3.

We don't have demo of it but it ​doable via custom javascript/css (a class could be applied on hover and otherwise) that inturn can be referenced in a HTML Master Page. Master Page can be set from the Publish Pod for any output. (Publish Pod >> Edit Settings >> Master Page)

​4.                  

​The titles could be changed by (Publish Pod >> Edit Settings >> Title)

​5.

Its OK if it suits your workflow. Another way would be to exclude files from the book. Book file >> right click on a file >> exclude and then publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the questions were how to make all of this work in the Responsive HTML Help that I am creating.

The Table of Contents, and titles obviously all appear correctly and work in the FrameMaker files and books. The question is, how to make the Table of Contents created in the Help file, reflect the structure of the Table of Contents in the FrameMaker file; and how to make the Headings and not file names, appear in the Help Contents. Same for the other questions.

Can I make all of the changes that I asked about using the FrameMaker configuration settings, or do I have to configure all of this using RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can make all configuration changes via FM.

To bring Headings and not filenames:

1. Create TOC of the Book in FM (While creating the TOC - Select headings that you wish to display in the TOC)
  2. To create levels: Change formatting info of the TOC tags by tweaking their font-weight, font-size, first indent
  3. Once this is adjusted you can publish to any output in Publish Pod - the tree view structure in TOC should appear

If this doesn't answer your query - you may write to me at amagarwa at adobe.com

Additionally, this video might be helpful - it gives an overview of HTML5 publishing: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/framemaker-2015/fm-reuse-publish-elements/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline... did you ever get this figured out?

I'm trying my first html5 version of a doc and I *was* getting the heading and heading # for the top level, but then it switched to doing your problem -- showing the document name instead of the top level heading. ARgh.

I have *no* idea what setting could have changed and this is driving me crazy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did any of you found out how to get it right?
Four years later, I have the same problem and haven't found anything about it except this forum entry.

The first item of B should be "bac blanc" (with the exact same style as "Barème" or "Base" which turn out right) and not "B", which is the name of the file.

TOC-pb.png

Is this a bug or a feature that can be overcome - and how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's it look like in your TOC & what version of FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines