Exit

Right Aligning Page Numbers in TOC

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Index.jpg

Hello,

Above is a screenshot of a TOC file. I added the Index to the TOC, and now the numbers do not line up on the right. I've tried clicking in the "Index" line, clicking "Right Tab" on the Paragraph Formatting toolbar (3rd arrow below), and then clicking below the ruler across the top directly underneath the rightmost triangle (shown below). The page number lines up and looks great until I update the book. When I update the book, the Index page number moves back to the left. Should I be editing something on the Reference Pages?

right align.jpg

triangle.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Hi Cameo!

When you set tabs on the ruler, it's an override. Be sure to choose Update Style (or Update All in 2015) after making the edit. Then update your book.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the reference page for your ToC and make sure the style for the line pulling in "Index" matches the others; it seems it already includes a tab. I'm guessing you've used one style for chapter headings and another for the Index heading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameo!

When you set tabs on the ruler, it's an override. Be sure to choose Update Style (or Update All in 2015) after making the edit. Then update your book.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome, Cameo!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines