• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run-in Paragraph?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a run-in paragraph tagged (highlighted below), but how do I get it back on the same line as my previous bold heading?  When I delete a space to bring it back up, the tag changes back to the previous bold heading's tag:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

I tried it with FrameMaker 2017. This seems to work for me. Here are the results:

RunIn01.png

To achieve that I set the Paragraph formats as follows:

RunIn02.png

I added a space character in the Default Punctuation to separate the two paragraphs.

RunIn03.png

Here the second paragraph is In Column, so the name of Head3_runIn is a little misleading.

Now if you are doing exactly the same as me but getting different results, we will need to establish what is going wrong.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The run-in paragraph should be the first paragraph, not the one highlighted in yellow.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apply the first part with my paragraph tag (Heading3) and set it as a "Run-in" in the Pagination tab of the Paragraph Designer, but when I set the second part of the paragraph as "In Column" with my paragraph tag (Head3_runIn), it changes the first part to "In Column" and with (Head3_runIn) also.

I'm sure I'm missing something or doing this in the wrong order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with FrameMaker 2017. This seems to work for me. Here are the results:

RunIn01.png

To achieve that I set the Paragraph formats as follows:

RunIn02.png

I added a space character in the Default Punctuation to separate the two paragraphs.

RunIn03.png

Here the second paragraph is In Column, so the name of Head3_runIn is a little misleading.

Now if you are doing exactly the same as me but getting different results, we will need to establish what is going wrong.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MR89:

I agree with Ian that you just have the paragraph formats backwards. If it is helpful, you can create a new default portrait document and add two lines of text.

By default, all paragraphs are initially assigned the Body tag, and are set to In Column.

Screenshot 2018-02-28 12.56.45.png

In addition to Heading1 and Heading2, the Paragraph Catalog in a new file has a third sample heading tag called HeadingRunIn. When assigned to a heading, instead of sitting above the paragraph it modifies, it allows the paragraph underneath to come up and sit on the same line.

Screenshot 2018-02-28 12.57.06.png

Once you understand the logic, it should be easy to update your document to work the same way.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines