Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set color only in header table

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In Table Designer - Shading I can set the color for header and footer but my tables have different colors for each element separately (header black and footer white for example). Currently I have to change the footer with Custom Ruling and Shading for every table I do because changes done with this pod are not stored in the tablet style. 

Is there any way to make this better?

Thanks a lot for your time

TOPICS
Feature request , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

You could automate this with ExtendScript and the script could be set to run every time you insert a new table of a particular table format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could automate this with ExtendScript and the script could be set to run every time you insert a new table of a particular table format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oscarl10989624,

Yes. Rick is right. I also would ask someone to write a script for you. He can do this. Or you find companies here: https://partners.adobetechcomm.com/ 

And: Make a request in the Adobe bug tracker: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

Then post the number here, so that others can vote for it.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick's answer is likely your best solution. However, since the only way to achieve your goal is to introduce a table format override, you may end up with subtle management issues down the road if, for instance, you want to update a table style. Of course, additional scripts can be written (Rick's done this for me "more than once," and always with amazing results) but if you can figure a way to adjust your style guide to accommodate default formatting options you'll have one less thing to track in your documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines