Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow PDF generation when using SVG

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When saving a FM book as PDF, there is enormous difference in the time it takes, depending on whether I refer to PNG or to SVG files. With PNG, the process takes 20 to 30minutes, but with SVG, provided FM does not hang indefinitely, more than 4 hours.

I noted that the TPS file created during the process is way bigger when using SVG.

I scripted the process and use GetSaveDefaultParams(). Are there parameters in my script (or settings in FrameMaker) I could change to improve the situation with SVG?

My FrameMaker version is 13

Best regards

Fabian

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , Scripting , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

FabianK007: My FrameMaker version is 13

My recollection is that SVG handling was improved in some later release. If you have a naive Windows machine available, you could download a newer {trial} version of FM, and see if the performance has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FabianK007: My FrameMaker version is 13

My recollection is that SVG handling was improved in some later release. If you have a naive Windows machine available, you could download a newer {trial} version of FM, and see if the performance has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines