• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behaviour on PDF graphics in DITA files

Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have DITA files that use PDF files as graphic objects. The first one is fine, the second one gets scaled down to about half its size, the third one to about 3%. I have no idea what is causing this but it looks like some internal variable that is not being reinitialised with every new PDF import.

But in any case, I would expect the height and width attributes to be used. It seems that scale is overriding these and when scale is not defined something crazy starts happening. When I manually change the height and width, the same crazy scaling reappears after saving and reopening the file. Only when I set the scaling to the correct percentage are graphic sizes kept when saving and reopening the DITA file.

Does anyone else have similar experiences with using PDFs as graphic files in DITA ? Is there something I am missing here?

TOPICS
Error , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.33.27.png

This snippet of DITA is turned into this rendering:

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.33.57.png

When I manually set the height and width to the values from the DITA file, the image size is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines