• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.sts file has forgotten and I can't edit styles

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using FM 2015 in a Win 10 environment.

I had an .sts file that was working pretty well to convert FM output to HTML Help.

Now it has forgotten what it knew (it has lost the settings). Our PDF template uses a side column with right-aligned headers; our help output has one text column and headings should be left-aligned.  I set up the alignment using the "Block" setting.

Now that seems to have been erased from the .sts file (along with everything else) and when I select H1, for example, and click the Edit Style button, nothing happens.

sts style mapping.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Yes, the first one shows you're working with Settings.sts

That's the name of the default file.

Did you ever do a Save to a directory, or (better yet, and highly recommended...) did you do a Save As with a different filename?

If you didn't save with a different name, you might try to search your drive for Settings.sts, but if there's no file to be found, you're likely going to have to redo mappings, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the Publishing pod before you clicked on Edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Matt!

Here's the pod:

PublishPod.jpg

And here is the Settings page:PublishSettings.jpg

Is one of those what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the first one shows you're working with Settings.sts

That's the name of the default file.

Did you ever do a Save to a directory, or (better yet, and highly recommended...) did you do a Save As with a different filename?

If you didn't save with a different name, you might try to search your drive for Settings.sts, but if there's no file to be found, you're likely going to have to redo mappings, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks for the suggestion to save under a different name. I gather the default somehow got wiped out? I do have older copies; I can try one of them (and rename it ASAP). But why won't it let me simply recreate the settings using the Edit button? Thanks for your help, Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My absolute total guess is that you inadvertently loaded another STS from another book. Then you went back to the first book and inadvertently used the "new" STS.

I've done this in the past, which is why I'd recommend you save the STS with a book-specific name and save it in your book directory just for safekeeping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines