• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly unable to print to a postscript file FM10/12 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, my system (Win 7, 64 bit, Build 1709) is now unable to create a postscript file using the Print to File option with the Adobe Printer selected. Although I  have not changed any Adobe PDF printer settings since the cows came home, the message that I am receiving is the long forgotten and improperly worded issue about relying on system fonts and not using document fonts:

When you create a PS file, you must rely on system fonts and use document fonts. Please go to printer properties, "Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn OFF the option "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts."

I went and checked and in BOTH places where this option should be TURNED ON is indeed turned on. (Adobe PDF Printing Preferences and Adobe PDF Printer Properties > Advanced > Printing Default.)

I have had this option checked in both places on multiple systems (Win 7, Win 10) for both FM 10 and 13 and now, all of a sudden, this single Windows 10 system on which the function has been working for over a year has jst  cr*pped out for no apparent reason.

I can still Save as PDF and I can print to a PDF but as we all know, being able to print to a PS file and then distill it is much more advantageous for certain FM books/files. Any/all thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

TVB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard reports of the 1803 build of Win10 messing up PDF production out of FM, but not 1709.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, I know. It appears that my Windows 10 system did take updates a few days ago, but the build is still 1709, and yet now this function is not working. I am NOT happy with this. Microcr*p strikes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant Windows 10 in the first sentence of my post - not Windows 7.

I went and checked and in BOTH places where this option should be TURNED ON is indeed turned on. (Adobe PDF Printing Preferences and Adobe PDF Printer Properties > Advanced > Printing Default.) I have had this option checked in both places on multiple systems (Win 7, Win 10) for both FM 10 and 13 and two systems with FM 10/12 have this checked and they are Win 7 64-bit.  however, all of a sudden, this single Windows 10 system on which the function has been working for over a year has jst  cr*pped out for no apparent reason. And I am on build 1709, not 1803, which MS has stopped rolling out anyway for known PDF issues.

I can still Save as PDF and I can print to a PDF but as we all know, being able to print to a PS file and then distill it is much more advantageous for certain FM books/files. Any/all thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines