Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Footnotes and normal Footnotes seems buggy

Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2020 16.0.4.1062

When I create a document with table footnotes and normal footnotes in FrameMaker I would expect them to turn into links when publishing to PDF. There seems to be some issues in the footnote feature:

1: When I create a table footnote and tell FrameMaker I want them to be numeric rather than alphabetic, they are still published as alphabetic when using Publish to HTML5. This makes the "fake footnotes" sort of useless.

2: It seems impossible to create table footnotes and normal footnotes with links in pdf.

Am I the only one to have this issue? I have attached a test document if you would like to give it a shot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to append your test file.

Do you want us to convert it to PDF and to HTML5 and check, if the footnotes are active hyperlinks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Winfried Reng Thank you for replying.

No - I did append the file, but somehow the Forum does not pick it up. Anyways... here is the entire thing:

http://framemaker.dk/Footnotetest.zip

And yes, I would like you to check whether it is possible to publish as pdf and html 5 and have links on the footnotes in pdf and HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

My findings:

FrameMaker file

When I press CTRL+ALT and hover over the footnotes, then only the table footnote 1 is active. The regular footnote and the table footnote 2 are not active. Is there any difference between the two table footnotes?

PDF

The same as in the FrameMaker file. Only table footnote 1 is active.

HTML5 with your sts file

The same as in the FrameMaker file. Only table footnote 1 is active.

The table footnotes are now alphabetic characters and not numbers as in the FrameMaker file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Same results as I get. In the HTML5 file... does the footnote also change from "1" to "a" in your version?

Is this not a buggy behaviour? I would expect to have hyperlinks on the footnotes and the table footnotes in both PDF and HTML5?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines