• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table title not being created on import from XML

Advocate ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having huge problems pulling a table title element into FrameMaker. I have checked all the read-write rules but I cannot find the property that corresponds with the 'Title' list box in the Table Designer: the choices are No Title, Above Table, Below Table. This must be mapped to some kind of property that can be converted to an attribute via the read-write rulrs, but I have not found anything about this in the Structured Application Development and Reference guides. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know what is required.

My table element is fm_table, with general rule: fm_tabletitle?,fm_tableheader?,fm_tablebody;

In the read-write rules, I identified fm_table as table element, fm_tabletitle as table title element. No complaints from the read-write rules parser. But when I read an XML file that contains <fm_table [plus a bunch of attributes'><fm_tabletitle>Text</fm_tabletitle><fm_tableheader>[etc.] I am getting an error in the console stating that FM cannot create an fm_tabletitle element.

Any hints wouild be welcome. My head is getting sore from bumping into all those walls

4everJang

TOPICS
Error , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Hello Rick,

Yes, everything was in perfect shape - except the DTD. I just found out that the DTD validation throws off FrameMaker, but only for very specific things, such as table elements. Once I added the missing rule for fm_tabletitle to my DTD there were no more complaints and the titles appear. I have long ago asked the dev team to make DTD validation optional via the structured application definitions but they have not done that yet. Oh well, we learn by falling into unexpected traps, righ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang,

Does the Table Format in your template have a title specified as Above Table or Below Table?

--Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Yes, everything was in perfect shape - except the DTD. I just found out that the DTD validation throws off FrameMaker, but only for very specific things, such as table elements. Once I added the missing rule for fm_tabletitle to my DTD there were no more complaints and the titles appear. I have long ago asked the dev team to make DTD validation optional via the structured application definitions but they have not done that yet. Oh well, we learn by falling into unexpected traps, right? As long as those falls do not kill us, they make us stronger - more knowledgeable about the product we love and hate.

Ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree 100%. Much of my success comes from having a hard head and being persistent. I keep trying and trying until I figure it out. I need to extend that attitude to my personal life :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines