• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates for S1000D for ANSI A (US Letter)

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Longtime FM user. New to S1000D.]

The rest of my team uses an old version of Arbortext to create IETMs. I'm using FM 2020 to maintain and publish legacy manuals to PDF. Adobe and nearly all other books/training that I see assume we all work with DITA. It's driving me crazy.

Moreover, the files Adobe does provide in FM for S1000D_401 are all A4 page layouts. Does anyone have the necessary files (templates, EDDs) for US Letter size they are willing to share? Is anyone here willing to discuss and help me with S1000D publishing?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Getting started , Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It will be relatively simple to change the template sizes for ANSI A. The page layouts in S1000D were designed to accomodate both standards. This means that only the margins have to change - text frames stay the same size. 
I built the Adobe S1000D applications, so if you would like to discuss its capabilities please send me a Private Message and we can take it from there.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I work for Mekon Ltd, we support Adobe customers with S1000D requirements that are not avalible in the free tool, we have a application called Eclipse S1000D for FrameMaker that support all version of the spec and all DM types as well as the different pagesizes, if you are intersted in a trial or further information my email adress is susanne.berg@mekon.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines