• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text alignment on landscape page

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document where I have rotated the page clockwise to be landscape because I want to fit some tables into it. My problem is the text and the table are now aligned incorrectly, I want to flip them by 90 degrees but still keep the landscape setting. When I try and do this now it just mucks the layout up.

See attached screen shot.incorrect text alignment.png

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You will need to create a new master page with a rotated main text frame.

• Open the structured template for the relevant Structured Application.
  • Make a copy of the existing master page and give it a suitable name such as 'Left Landscape', or any name that works for you.
  • Go to the new master page and select the main flow text frame.
  • Rotate it by 90 degrees then move and resize it to achieve the correct layout.
  • Save your work.

Switch back to the body pages and now the text will be rotated correctly.

You can also ensure that the correct master page is applied by identifying a specific element (and attribute value) on the MasterPageMaps reference page table.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply Ian,

I have done what you said but now appear to be 'losing' parts of the table from the top and bottom. They are still in the frame, but the text just gets lost. I've attached another picture to explain what I mean.

Thanks,

Clare incorrect text alignment_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realised that I'm in the body view and not the master view. Should I give it another go in the master view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you must do this in the mater page view so that it's available for other rotated body pages. Also you missed the step where I said you have to resize the main flow text frame so that it fits as you require. This means swapping the dimensions of the frame's height and width like this:

Before resize

before.PNG

After resize

after.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks Ian, this seems to be working for me now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines