• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is not diplayed

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I write a new text in a FrameMaker 2017 file, the cursor moves according my entries, but now text is visible, only white paper at the new entries. Despite I use an existing file with text in it.

It also happens typing the new text in the middle of  an existing text in black, the new inputs are not displayed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got some character tag applied to your text that is setting white text on a white background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,  I have no character tag applied.

And it happens in the complete document of 28 pages, independent from the character format or paragraph format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had noticed something like this only, when text was overlapping, e.g. with special indents or negative spacing above below and side head text.

Is there anything special in your text?

What happens, when you apply another paragraph format and then type your text?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens in the complete document of 28 pages, independent from the character format or paragraph format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Do you get this behaviour also in new files? And also with all existing files?

When you restart FrameMaker and restart Windows?

Do you use the structured files?

Can you do a MIF wash and then try again? This means save as MIF, open the MIF and then save as FM file again.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering again. In the meanwhile I has solved it with copying all texts in another file and can work with the new file. 

I will check your hint on occasion. No need for you to answer againg in the moment, THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default6lcaqb6oe0zo:

Check View > Color > Views. Is the color assigned to the Cutout or Invisible Column? If so, move it to the first column.

Otherwise, I would save your file (so that you can revert) and select Find Paragraph Format Overrides/Change All and Find Character Format Overrides/Change All in Edit > Find/Change. That will tell you if overrides are in play. Once the text is visible, use File > Revert to revert back to the last saved version and selectively remove the overrides.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 

Thank you for answering. In the meanwhile I has solved it with copying all texts in another file and can work with the new file. 

I will check your hint on occasion. No need for you to answer againg in the moment, THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines