• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text overlaying text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was conditionalizing every second line of an example, line by line.  Someone said "why don't you use the upper shift key or the Ctrl key to select all the lines that you want".  To be honest, I don't know what went wrong, but the result is that I have half a page that looks like this:

There was no Undo, and Ctrz-Z didn't work.  The backup file is like this too.

I can see a double dotted line round what I think is the page frame, so it looks like frames have been duplicated and then moved on top of one another.  I can't find a way to sort this out, can anyone help, please?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Hi,

For me this looks as if you have a copy of your main text frame on top of the original main text frame.

Then you applied the condition on the top text frame and when you hide the condition, you get this.

Can you press CTRL and click on the border of your main text frame? What happens, when you move the text frame with the mouse? Is there another text frame below? (You should make a copy of your file first. And you can undo your change with CTRL+Z.)

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For me this looks as if you have a copy of your main text frame on top of the original main text frame.

Then you applied the condition on the top text frame and when you hide the condition, you get this.

Can you press CTRL and click on the border of your main text frame? What happens, when you move the text frame with the mouse? Is there another text frame below? (You should make a copy of your file first. And you can undo your change with CTRL+Z.)

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much, Winfried!

That's exactly what it was.  I just couldn't find a way to separate the frames.  First of all the page was duplicated, as if we were all just seeing double, then in trying to fix that I obviously just compounded the problem by inadvertently copying a couple of frames in from elsewhere in the document.

Thank you again for your prompt reply, it's much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

Very good that we found the solution!

Please mark this as answered so that others who will look for help in a similar situation can find the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines