• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tips for colour in list of figures and tables?

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have the figure number in my list of figures formatted with a different colour from the figure title, tab separator, and page number?

Thanks!

list of figures.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Which looks something like this on the LOF reference page:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 7.38.51 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Thanks everyone. Your suggestions got me the look I was after!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a generated LoF, there will be a Reference page, by default named LOF, that contains the template Objects. You can apply a Character Format (conveying the color) or other style to the elements that define the figure number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which looks something like this on the LOF reference page:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 7.38.51 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. Your suggestions got me the look I was after!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post some additional information: if you apply a character format to the paranum only, the dot leader, paratext, and page num will not be hyperlinked, only the paranum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CMSimard:

You are totally right and here's why: when a hypertext marker is in a paragraph without a character style assigned, the whole paragraph is the clickable hot spot. When you put the marker in a character style, the clickable hotspot is the text using chararacter style. I am sorry we missed this but I don't see a way around it, other than removing the character style altogether. 

Thinking out loud... or maybe setting up the figure numbers in the body of the document and in the LoF as Run in Heads. Then you could format the numbers with a paragraph style but they would sit on the same line.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Another option would be to copy the hypertext marker from index into the area of the other character format and format the marker with this character format.

Then also the coloured area would be clickable.

However, this is only feasible with a script. As far as I know Rick Quatro had developed a script for this issue.

http://www.frameexpert.com/

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines