• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC and pagination view

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created TOC and it was very ugly and primitive us usual, so I decided to import settings an other properties from a good TOC that I have on my hard-drive. The good TOC looks like that:

186918447_1072489539951078_4474347947686628508_n.png

My TOC after the import, updating the Book and TOC and redefining the Paragraph catalog elemets looks like that. Sequential pagination is absent at all, the number of pages are not in line, there is not breadcrumbs lines. What is going on? What my TOC does not look like the imported one?

186464248_2919154204969591_2782074435324249251_n.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oleg,

Check the TOC Reference Page. I ran into this myself a couple of times because my document didn't have an updated TOC Reference Page. When you import settings from your good TOC, also import the Reference Pages. That should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Oleg_Shynkarenko:

You will need the same style names in both projects for them to line up after using File > Import > Formats. And looking at the tightly-cropped screen shots, you will need to enable the checkboxes for Paragraph formats, Character Formats, Reference Pages and Color Definitions at a minimum.

Another approach to reuse the formatting from an existing TOC is outlined here:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/reusing-a-framemaker-toc-or-index/ 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines