• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC,LOF, LOT troubles

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to produce a book. I've produced several others with no problems, but one is not cooperating for the TOC, LOF, and LOT. They don't show up as the brighter orange files in the book view, and they don't generate. All items get labeled 1. Also, in the Update Book window, the Generate field is blank.

The structure seems okay and the book validates.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony,

In your personal message to me you included screen shots of the book windows for a book in which the generated files look OK and the book in which they don't update correctly. That, plus your comment that the Update Book window for the problem book does not list any generated files reveal the problem.

Look at the icons preceding the names of the book components in the book window for the book that updates correctly. Notice that the generated files have a different icon than the other book components. In the incorrect book, all book components have the same components. The TOC, LOF, and LOT were added as "regular" files rather than generated files. To fix, delete them from the book and add them back in from the Insert menu in FM 2017 or FM 2019, or from the Add menu in earlier versions.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines