I have Frame 2017
1. Setting up a new book
The company likes to have all heading numbered 1.2.3, 2.2.3, 3.3.3 etc
Restarting at each chapter
The headings work in the book
How do i get the heading numbers to appear in the TOC?
2. I want the front matter not to appear in the TOC . How do I do that?
3. Appendices - should appear in the TOC - how can I make them?
1. Take a look at the reference pages. The TOC page should look like this:
Customize it to your wishes., i.e. change the autonumbering of the TOC tags.
2. Don't use a numbered heading on the front matter.
3. Change the TOC settings. Add all the tags you want to have in the TOC:
Thanks for the answer
However, this did not make the numbers appear in the Table of Contents itself.
i.e if in chapter five there is a section numbered 5.1.1 Making a Table
We would like it to appear in the TOC just like this
I am using regular FrameMaker
Regarding 2 I will have to check again, as it uses a heading not selected to appear in the TOC.