• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too slow when opening books and loading chapters

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the user opens a book file and try to edit the chapters, every chapters takes around 5 seconds to allow editing. Is working under Windows 10, the user complains because it says it loaded inmediately with Windows 7. What could I check to improve this loading time?

TOPICS
CMS , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM? All patched up? Was the source FM content in the same CMS before with Win7 as it is in Win10? Any issues with Win10 in the CMS software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is FM 2017, and has patched up to the latest. The source FM content is tha same that it was on Win7, nothing has changed really, the only thing changing is OS. No issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fm 2017 is 32-bit, whereas Fm 2019 can be installed as 64-bit.

The speed improvements in Fm 2019 are really impressive, so try downloading the 30-day trial to see if this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that the CMS doesn't have any issues with Win10? You could also try taking a copy of the content out of the CMS and putting it in a location locally on their c:\ drive to test how fast it opens. Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting the FM folks at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and there's no issue between CMS and Win10. Also made the test putting the content on the C:\ drive but there's no change. Still happening the same. Thanks, I'll contact the e-mail you mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reads like a Windows issue more than an Frame issue. Is there security or virus software involved? You can try to disable the built-in protection (just to test). Has the server been optimized to work with 10? 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really the same security and virus software installed with Win7, not difference at all with this point. Windows Defender and Firewall are disable. Any server in particular you mean? because the servers work fine with Win10 and also the loading time is presenting with the files locally, no server involved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the dumb/strange questions, but just trying to eliminate possibilities....

You mentioned that only the OS changed. Just to confirm, you were using Frame 2017 on Win 7? When you upgraded, did you upgrade or do a fresh install of Windows 10?

I assume it's on the same computer too. Have you actually timed the difference or is it just by the user's complaint. 

I imagine the documents are using the exact same fonts as before, but what fonts are involved? If they are not standard Windows fonts, what happens if you change the fonts to Arial or TNR (on a copy of the book files just as a test)?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I did a fresh install of Win10, Frame 2017 was being used with Win 7. And yes, it's the same computer. The fonts are not the standard windows fonts. I would have to ask the user to test, but the document will show errors since it's not the using the standard windows fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines