• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics folder name is now capitalized.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I publish my responstive HTML, the topics folder is capitalized. None of the other folders are capitalized. Please help this will create a lot of relinking work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? Are you all patched up? Was this working before? If so, what's changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using Robohelp. I am using FrameMaker 2019. I just updated. Also it was not capitalized in earlier versions, just since I upgraded to 2019. I can't figure out anyway to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  I contacted support but no one has gotten back to me yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed that bit! What point version of FM2020 2019 are you running? Did you try creating a new STS file for the HTML5 output (if you were using an upgraded one before)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with a new sts file and it still does it as long as I select to put all topics in a folder.  

2019 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what that "select to put all topics in a folder" part means - can you show a screenshot of the settings? Don't attach images - just use the Insert Photos icon in the forum interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic_Settings_TestSettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what effect that setting would have - are your FM docs all in the same folder already or are they spread out over several folders? What's the benefit to having all output topics in the same folder?

I'm not sure what impact capitalizing the output folder name would have on any links in the output - presumably FM will interpret this location and adjust all the links to suit it. I believe that unless you host the output on a case-sensitive server o/s (e.g. Unix) it shouldn't make any difference to the link resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hosted on a case sensitive device and for the past several releases it has been constructed that way. The device software has context sensitive links defined. Now those links do not work. It is not impossible to fix, I would like to make it easier on the programmer and I don't understand why or how the topics folder is suddenly capitalized.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you're using the URL method of CSH instead of the MapID. That's a disadvantage of the hard-coded URL method.
Anyways, provided you're all patched up, there's nothing Adobe is going to do to address this because you're running FM2019 and not the current FM2020. As an experiment, I'd download a trial copy of FM2020, update it and run a copy of your FM docs through it on some non-production machine to see if the issue still exists; if it does, you can file a bug report through the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get my software guys to understand the benefits of the map id. At this point they will likely have to change something, so we will see. It was not my decision. Accommodating them. I do have 2020 and will do as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, really? Sucking in one file of MapIDs instead of entering in every URL to every topic seems like an easy one to grasp, but YMMV 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is more about not wanting to change and figure out some small documentation thing that is not important to them. This is a good example of how they would benefit and I will try to present that to them. Meanwhile I am going to experiment with 2020 and see if I can do as you suggest.

Thanks for you attempt to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the option to keep all topics in one folder seems to be gone in 2020.  Now what? Topics_Option_Gone_Window.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, creating a "topics" directory, that's a symlink, hard link or shortcut to "Topics" might do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received a solution to this problem. So what I had to do was take all my stuff back to FrameMaker 2017 and uninstall 2020. I am able to use 2019 and 2017, but can only use 2017 to compile the HTML help for Linux devices. 

So I conclude the issue occurs with 2020. I think I also noticed that in 2020 the selection to place all topics in a single folder is removed. This will cause future problems for me, as well.  

I am hoping someone from Adobe will help me out!!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd give the FM folks a buzz - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already did that. And called back to see if they had made any headway. No help yet, which is why I had to figure out how to fix it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines