Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transform text value in object

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

Here is a trickie one : I made a script to get the keys property by property in a layer. If I enter a full property name by hand like this

myProp = app.project.item(55).layer("titre").property("Transform").property("Position");

alert(myProp.numKeys);

It gives me the number of keys on my property... But, if I get the exact same property path by another way (text file, script...) it doesn't work anymore.

myProp = myTextFileDataArray; //the exact property path is entered in the text file

alert(myProp[0].numKeys);

Returns "undefined".

My program has to scan all the layers and properties in a comp, so I need to have a myProp value dynamically.

Hope my ask is clear 😕

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alfred,

From your code I guess you misplaced the question - there is not (yet) a "project" object in FrameMaker, nor does there seem to be a "layer" and a "transform". My guess is this question should be posted to an Illustrator or InDesign scripting forum.

Good luck

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, I don't know why I'm here... I was suppose to post it in After Effects discussion...

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines