• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitioning from one PC to another, can I use the same license while setting up

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is probably an FAQ by now but I couldn't find it on search.

I have FrameMaker 2019 installed and licensed on a laptop and have just taken delivery of the new laptop which is to replace it. I presume the correct process is to install FrameMaker as new on the new laptop and then supply the license details from the old laptop, but I will need to keep the old laptop going (including using FM) for a few days while I slowly get the new one set up and prove that it's safe to switch everything over. Am I going to encounter a problem if I do this or is it as simple as I hope it is?

Cheers
T

TOPICS
Installation and licensing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Your FM license provides for 2 installs (like one for work & one for home) provided they aren't used at the same time. There's probably no reason to keep the old one running a copy of FM once you have migrated your files over (assuming they were local to the old machine in the first place), so you can deactivate the old machine to "free up" that extra install for another instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your FM license provides for 2 installs (like one for work & one for home) provided they aren't used at the same time. There's probably no reason to keep the old one running a copy of FM once you have migrated your files over (assuming they were local to the old machine in the first place), so you can deactivate the old machine to "free up" that extra install for another instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines