• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version of FrameMaker 2017 - cursor keys.

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a trial version of FrameMaker 2017. I find that the cursor and other keys do not work. Is this a limitation of the trial version? The document is ok when loaded to FrameMaker 2015.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Because it was a trial version I thought they might have removed some operations. I deleted the program and downloaded it again. The second version works fine. It was the cursor keys in all directions and the delete key that did not work. The problem is now fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that the cursor and other keys do not work.

Tell us more. You can't navigate across text with the arrow keys? For example, press the right arrow key to move one character to the right? Those are working for me, and well as for my recent 2017 students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it was a trial version I thought they might have removed some operations. I deleted the program and downloaded it again. The second version works fine. It was the cursor keys in all directions and the delete key that did not work. The problem is now fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! It sounds like a incomplete installation, and re-installing took care of the issue.

For your information (and perhaps more for the others reading this thread later), the trial versions offered by Adobe are full versions. Unlike other companies I run into from time-to-time, no features are disabled for the trials. The most important thing to understand about the Adobe trials is that they have a set end period—30 days for the TCS applications like FrameMaker, 7 days for the CC applications like Photoshop. At that point you have to license the application to continue using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm, that there is no such limitation. The trial version is a fully functional version. The only limitation is, that it runs only for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines