Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with korean font substitution in FM 2020

Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-11-26_14-31-26.png

I have some korean FM documents which have been made using a corporate font. I have the proper font installed and can use it and FM recognizes it.

But when I open the documents FM looks for the korean name of the font. In order to open the documents I have to substitute the korean font name with the english font name. It is the same font file - but the documents ask for the korean name. I substitute the font - but FM won't remember the substitution. I do have "Remember missing fonts" set to On in Preferences and I do save the documents. Only FM forgets between each opening that I have substituted fonts.

These are structured FM 2020 files which have been saved as a FM book. Meaning there is no paragraph style info I can edit.

If  I can figure out how to write the korean name of the font with korean characters - can I edit the maker.ini to recognize the korean font names? ...

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk
TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Aha - I figured it out anyways. For those who want to know how...

The font settings with korean font names had been written into the EDD. So I exported the EDD, found the korean style font names and changed them into english style font names. Then I imported the elements back into FM and voila! Things worked and my day got immensely better!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha - I figured it out anyways. For those who want to know how...

The font settings with korean font names had been written into the EDD. So I exported the EDD, found the korean style font names and changed them into english style font names. Then I imported the elements back into FM and voila! Things worked and my day got immensely better!

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines