Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to get the output that I need

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using this thread since I've similar problem to solve. I'm new to DITA and piloting some documents in FrameMaker 2019, trying to get the output that I need. I have created a ditamap with a structure as follows:

Ditamap title (BOOKTITLE MAINBOOKTITLE)

• Chapter 1 (topicref)
  • Chapter 2 (topicref)
  • Chapter 3(topicref)
  • Chapter 4(topicref)
  • Chapter 5(topicref)

Each of the above chapters (topics) has few more topics embedded which I use for sub-sections of the main chapter for example:

clipboard_image_0.png

In the dita xml structure I have to have a lot of tables, diagrams and many other sub-titles with their contents. After generating an output PDF book I need to move some title in the next page or next column, depends on the situation.

I’m trying to implement a „pagebreak” function in my topic.template and edited the topic.eddmod.fm file to include text format rules just like it’s suggested in few comments above from Michael_Müller-Hillebrand. Here is a result:

clipboard_image_1.png

It seems actually, nothing was happen when I save the changes. Should I save as DTD this EDD file or there is something that I missed?

Thanks a lot in advance,

LA

[Moved to your own thread - Moderator: Jeff_Coatsworth]

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LA,

As far as I understand, you want to page break or column break based on some context.

You can easily achieve this by adding a context rule on the "title " element in your EDD, inside which you can add pagination  Properties.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for me. Thank you a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can you kindly mark it correct if it resolves for you. Will help others as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines