• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unavailable font, not used anyway

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed FM19 on Windows 10. I have an old FM document coming from Windows XP.

When I open any of the book's all fm files I get the message:

"Document named xyz.fm has catalog definitions that use unavaliable fonts. Formatting and printing are not affected because these catalog definitions are not currently used in the document. OK to continue?"

This happens every time I open a fm file, even if the same fm file has been opened several times before.

(Probably Arial Black something.)

How can I get rid of this problem? I have hundreds of fm files, so it would be great if I could avoid editing each file's catalog definition.

TOPICS
Content migration , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Let's say you have a document with a paragraph format called Heading1 and it uses a missing font. Your document has a Heading1 paragraph in it. When you open the document, you will get a "missing fonts" message.

Now say that you have another document with a paragraph format called Heading1 and it uses a missing font. However, this document has no Heading1 paragraphs in it. When you open this document, you will get the message you are seeing. This message is "less threatening" because, practicall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say you have a document with a paragraph format called Heading1 and it uses a missing font. Your document has a Heading1 paragraph in it. When you open the document, you will get a "missing fonts" message.

Now say that you have another document with a paragraph format called Heading1 and it uses a missing font. However, this document has no Heading1 paragraphs in it. When you open this document, you will get the message you are seeing. This message is "less threatening" because, practically, it doesn't matter; if you print this document you won't have any substituted fonts because the Heading1 format is not in use.

Try this: Go to Edit > Preferences and uncheck Remember missing font names. The next time you open the document, you will get the message, but it should permanently subsitute an available font for the missing one. Save the document and try opening it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tip. FM is now nice and quiet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines