• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unusable TCS .zip

Advisor ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of a support call, Adobe told me I needed to go to [link removed by admin] , download TCS and reinstall FrameMaker.

Downloading the file gave me a .zip file TCS_ESD_and_content.zip, with many levels of sub-file. When I tried to extract the whole of the .zip archive, the process generated 110 entries for "Headers Error" and did not unzip any of the subfolders.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do not know this zip file. How large is it?

When you cannot unzip it, you should talk again to Adobe support.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound advice, and I had in fact contacted the e-mail address from the web page Adobe Support sent me. I've already had a reply, which provides a link to a different .zip file and some advice on which files to use once I've expanded it.

Just for fun, here are the detailed instructions from the first page: can't say I'm impressed!

"Please follow these instructions to install your product.
Step 1 – Download Adobe Technical Communication Suite
Step 2 – Use your Adobe ID to Sign in and start using Adobe Technical Communication Suite"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be tempted to try downloading it again using another browser - sometimes that seems to solve download problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My strong suspicion is, they weren't paying attention and sent me towards the TCS 2020 download instead of the TCS 2019 I'd asked for. For why? because when they promptly answered my e-mail, they sent me towards another URL where I clearly acquired the TCS 2019 .zip – different name, different size. Possible suspicion: does zipping files on a Windows 10 machine give results a Windows 7 machine can't unzip? Fingers crossed observation: FM 2019 now reinstalled and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These files are pretty big, so if your file system is near full, the ZIP d/l could fail, but still exist.

Also, how are you doing the extract?
In recent versions of Windows, the File Manager can open and explore a .zip, just like any subdirectory. I commonly unpack an FM .zip by Ctrl-click drag from the top of the .zip to wherever I want the unpacked files to be. Haven't used Winzip in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines