• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted blank pages showing up in PDF after text inset documents

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using unstructured Frame version 13.0.2.433 and documents with text insets of other full documents so that I can use the same document multiple times in the same book. When I PDF the manual, a blank page shows up at the end of each document with a text inset. I don't want to have to delete these blank pages every time I PDF a book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't give an exact/simple answer, but I remember having to experiment with the formatting of the paragraph where the inset was anchored when I ran into this sort of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by updating to 13.0.5

Are you saying that the blank pages don't show in the Fm doc, but only in the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on getting that update. Yes, the blank page at the end does not show up in FrameMaker, but does in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

We are still having this issue. Yes, we are all updated to Framemaker 13.0.5.547

Here's some background. Each machine component gets its own document in unstructured FrameMaker. Some machine components are used repeatedly throughout the machine in different machine sections. We organize our manuals by machine section. We wanted to show every machine component present in each machine section in the corresponding section of the manual, which requires repeating documents, which Framemaker doesn't support. When I explained our problem, Saba Kidwai of Adobe recommended we use full document text insets to solve it.

However, when we do File/Insert/File and Import by Reference an entire document as a text inset into another document, a blank page shows up either as the first page or last page, depending on the insertion point. We figured out a method of deleting those blank pages manually in each document, but when we update the book in Framemaker, the blank pages come back.

Thanks,

Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a sort of known issue that I read about before

You need to experiment with adding a very small paragraph tag either at the end of the text insert itself, or on the page in the file immediately before or after you insert it.  (I cannot remember what it was that worked, but I know this is an issue I read about)

A very small paragraph tag, I mean to make a tag which is something like 2 or 4 points.

Then hopefully this will not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that you're still having the problem.

Feel free to email me directly with the files and I'll take a peek.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines