• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable width tables - Responsive HTML5 vs. MS HTML Help

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my FM19 document I have hundreds of tables. They all look good in FM and also in the generated pdf.

However, having the same size fixed width tables in the chm and html5 output don't look good. It's typically either too narrow or too wide, depending on the current window size.

In the Publish settings, Style Mapping, I set the Table Size attribute Preffered Width to the value 0px.

This works fine for the chm files, the table width dynamically changes when I change the window size.

But the html5 output is much worse. The table width is still fixed, but also very narrow. (Less than half the width in the FM/pdf.)

How can I get variable width tables in both Responsive HTML5 and MS HTML Help output?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

you can work with different settings for the HTML5 and the chm.

So they do not have to be the same.

I did not set any specific settings for the table styles in HTML5 and they are displayed very well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines