• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

want toolbar back on right side vertically

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Framemaker 2015, I don't have my toolbar vertically on the right side. Is there a way to get it back there

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Hopefully I won’t need to ask any more questions. ☺

What? I hope you do! This is the place to ask!!

Knowing that you are both new and self-taught, here's a little background. FrameMaker ships with five pre-defined workspaces in the Workspace menu, shown above in Arnis's screen shot. Selecting any of them from the list, and then returning to the list and choosing Reset Workspace will restore panels that seem to have gone missing in your workspace.

The other important piece to understand is that wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which toolbar?

You can dock any toolbar where you want (right, top or left sides) in whatever Workspace that you are using. You can create your own custom workspace by starting with the default "Blank" one and then place whichever toolbars and pods where you'd like them and then save that as a named workspace.

[P.S. Please don't create multiple posts on the same topic with slightly different headings. The duplicate was removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I am a beginner, unfortunately self-taught, and I don’t even know for sure what all your answer means. Today is first I heard “pod”.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  the upper-right hand corner, there is a Workspace button that will have a label, e.g.

FM_workspaces.png

From this you can select pre-defined Workspace layouts or create your own. By opening various Toolbars or Pods (under the View menu), they will automatically populate the workspace in pre-defined locations. You can then drag them to a different location/side and/or re-arrange the order until yo get the tools that you need where you want them. You can then save this custom layout (as I have) and assign it a name relevant to what you  are using those tools for. Click on the Save Workspace option to give it the name.

By clicking the "Reset Workspace" option, any changes that you've made to a pre-exisitng workspace, are reset to the original layout. This allows you to play around with the layouts, add or remove tools, etc., but still get back to a starting point.

The Blank workspace, allows you to build from scratch. Using any of the others, i.e. Authoring, Design, Manage Graphics, Review, let's you customize specific tasks to your liking.

There's a video showing how this done on Adobe TV at:

FrameMaker for Word: Work Spaces [in depth] | FrameMaker for Word: Do you Write Right? | Adobe TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? I hope you do! This is the place to ask!!

Knowing that you are both new and self-taught, here's a little background. FrameMaker ships with five pre-defined workspaces in the Workspace menu, shown above in Arnis's screen shot. Selecting any of them from the list, and then returning to the list and choosing Reset Workspace will restore panels that seem to have gone missing in your workspace.

The other important piece to understand is that when you access a command from the menus, the appropriate panel or pod is opened. For example, if you need the Paragraph Catalog you would need to choose Format > Paragraph > Catalog. This differs considerably from other Adobe applications, where all of the available panels are listed alphabetically in the Window menu. In FrameMaker, you have to comb through each menu to locate specific panels and pods.

Best advice: once you get your workspace back the way you want it, go back up to the Workspace menu one more time and save it. That way, the next time you lose panels, you can just reset your custom workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opened FM this morning and opened chapters to work with and my WS is selected but no panels are shown other one called "Console". I tried the steps above to get my WS back but no luck. Please help. Again my saved WS is selected but my panels are not there... thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sometimes I get similar effects. Usually this happens, because no file is open or selected.

Otherwise I would just restart FrameMaker.

Does this help?

Best regards, Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didn't work. I do have files open and restarted. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you switch to other workspaces?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but when I switch back, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new workspace and give it a unique name. Then restart FM and check to see that it's still there and undamaged. If it's not there, then I suspect you've got a rights issue with your hidden AppData folder where the .cfg files are stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines