• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome Screen on start-up. FrameMaker 2019

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a new issue that started today. When I start Frame 2019, the Welcome Screen pops up then is replaced by a large graphic of what appears be the Resources section of the welcome screen?

I've heard maybe a Microsoft update may be causing this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this! I have observed this also and have no clue what happens here.

In Firefox the welcome.html file displays correctly,  so there must have something changed in the IE rendering engine used be FM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the issue is fixed? When I started Frame this morning on both of my computers, the Welcome Screen displayed correctly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaargh, it is back again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed it again last night too. Hopefully it will be gone soon like last time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help wondering why, exactly FrameMaker needs to keep an internet connection open to a server somewhere? It makes sense when you are going to do an update, but in that case you should open a connection and close it again. The startup screen has options for connecting to for instance Sharepoint, but that ought to work like something akin to a ftp program and open and close at will. The welcome page is apparently connected somehow, but why and how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Update 6?

I saw a note regarding this from Fm Product Mgr Amitoj Singh in https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/welcome-screen-not-displaying-properly/m-p/11245700?page=1...

Also, there's a reply I marked Helpful regarding a CSS fix you might try.

Of course, there's always the possibility you've got a corrupted Prefs file. 

See https://techcommtools.com/find-framemaker-preference-folder/ for details on resetting preferences.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines